This is not an exhaustive list.
TO BE PERIODICALLY UPDATED
// Last Updated – 08/08//2018
Important Blog Pages
- Lararium: The Heart(h) & Home of Domestic Cultus by Mikey (Mea Pietas)
- How to Pray the Roman Way by Mikey (Mea Pietas)
- A Cultor’s Guide to Performing a Roman Ceremony by Mikey (Mea Pietas)
- Prayer Format (Larhus Fyrnsida) by Wodgar
- Ritual Format (Larhus Fyrnsida) by Wodgar
- The Beginner’s Guide to Hearth Cult by The Longship
- De Natura Deorum by Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Fasti by Publius Ovidius Naso
- De Agri Cultura by Marcus Porcius Cato the Elder
- De Lingua Latina by Marcus Terentius Varro
- De Benefiis by Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- De Temporum Ratione by Bede
- Historia Ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum by Bede
- Introduction to Roman Religion by John Scheid
- Religions of Rome, Volume I: A History by Mary Beard, John North, & Simon Price
- Religions of Rome, Volume II: A Sourcebook by Mary Beard, John North & Simon Price
- A Companion to Roman Religion by Jörg Rüpke
- The Roman Festivals of the Period of the Republic by W. Warde Fowler (PDF)
- Roman Gods: A Conceptual Approach (Religions in the Greco-Roman World) by Michael Lipka
- Temples, Religion and Politics in the Roman Republic by Eric M. Orlin
- Religion in Late Roman Britain: Forces of Change by Dorothy Watts
- Faith, Hope and Worship: Aspects of Religious Mentality in the Ancient World by H.S. Versnel
- The Matter of the Gods: Religion and the Roman Empire by Clifford Ando
- Archaic Roman Religion, Volume I by Georges Dumezil
- Archaic Roman Religion, Volume II by Georges Dumezil
- The Religions of the Roman Empire by John Ferguson
- Law and Religion in the Roman Republic by Olga Tellegen-Couperus
- Romans, Barbarians, and the Transformation of the Roman World by Ralph W. Mathisen and Danuta Shanzer
- Rites and Religious Acts as Prescribed by the Roman Religion: According to the Commentary of Servius on Virgil’s Aeneid by Justus F. Holstein
- Looking for the Lost Gods of England by Kathleen Hebert
- The Christianization of the Anglo-Saxons c.500-c.700: Discourses of Life, Death and Afterlife by Marilyn Dunn
- Signals of Belief in Early England: Anglo-Saxon Paganism Revistited by Alex Sanmark, Sarah Semple, and Martin Carver
- The Times of Bede: Studies in Early English Christian Society and its Historian by Patrick Wormald
- The Cult of Kingship in Anglo-Saxon England: The Transition from Paganism to Christianity by William A. Chaney
- Crisis and Development in Germanic Society 700-800: Beowulf and the Burden of Kingship by M.J. Swanton
- Pagan Goddesses in the Early Germanic World: Eostre, Hreda, and the Cult of the Matrons by Phillip A. Shaw
Continental and Scandinavian Germanic and Non-Roman
- The Well and the Tree: World and Time in Early Germanic Culture by Paul C. Bauschatz
- The Road to Hel by H.R. Ellis Davidson
- Gods and Myths of Northern Europe by H.R. Ellis Davidson
- The Germanization of Medieval Christianity by James C. Russell
- The Cross Goes North: Processes of Conversion in Northern Europe, AD 300-1300 by Martin Carver
- The One-Eyed God by Kris Kershaw
- Lady with a Mead Cup: Ritual, Prophecy and Lordship in the Warband from La Tene to the Viking Age by Michael J. Enright
- A Piece of Horse Liver: Myth, Ritual, and Folklore in Old Icelandic Studies by Jon Hnefill Andalsteinsson
Folklore, Folk Traditions, and Anthropology
- The Gift: The Form and Reason for Exchange in Archaic Societies by Marcel Mauss
- The Sacred and the Profane or The Myth of Eternal Return by Mircea Eliade
- The Tradition of Household Spirits: Ancestral Lore and Practices by Claude Lecouteux
- Return of the Dead: Ghosts, Ancestors, and the Transparent Veil of the Pagan Mind by Claude Lecouteux
- Demons and Spirits of the Land: Ancestral Lore and Practices by Claude Lecouteux
Ritual, Purity, and Sacrifice
- The Cuisine of Sacrifice among the Greeks by Marcel Detienne and Jean-Pierre Vernant
- The Ancient City: A Study of the Religion, Laws, and Institutions of Greece and Rome by Numa Denis Fustel de Coulanges and Willard Small
- Indo-European Sacred Space: Vedic and Roman Cult by Roger Woodard
- Ritual: Perspectives and Dimensions by Catherine Bell
- Ritual Theory, Ritual Practice by Catherine Bell
- Purity and Danger: An Analysis of Concepts of Pollution and Taboo by Mary Douglas
- The Idea of the Holy: An Inquiry into the Non-Rational Factor in the Idea of the Divine and its Relation to the Rational by Rudolf Otto (PDF)
- Rudolf Otto’s Idea of the Holy: A Reappraisal by Owen Ware
- “Roman and Animal Sacrifice and the System of Being” by John Scheid (PDF)
- Ritual and Religion in the Making of Humanity by Roy A. Rappaport
Latin Resources (Web)
- Schola Latína Európæa & Úniversális: An aggregate website for the study of Latin, the purpose of the organization running it is to destroy some common misconceptions about the language of Latin as a dead language, among other things, and foster contemporary usage and increased proficiency. Might be very useful for some individuals.
- Classical Latin Texts: Excellent resource, untranslated, of Roman-era Latin writers and scholars. In essence it contains all Roman writers prior to 200 C.E. as well as a few from later antiquity.
- Greek and Latin Language Resources
- The Latin Study List: Mailing list for both Greek and Latin, it maintains various study groups at different levels of proficiency.
- Viciǣdia Latina! Latin-based Wikipedia.
- Latin Subreddit: Reddit’s home for Latin studies.
Old English Resources (Web)
- þā Ænglisc Ƿikipǣdia! Old English Wikipedia.
- ASNC Spoken Word: University of Cambridge’s Department of Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic. Contains texts and grammar for those languages, as Insular Latin.
- The Old English Aerobics Resources page. Supplementary materials for Peter S. Baker’s book Introduction to Old English, it is particularly useful for those individuals who have an introductory understanding to the language and seek to utilize it in translation.
- Learning Old English: An uncompleted website that might prove of some use to those interested in learning the language.
- Anglo-Saxon Primer by Henry Sweet (PDF)
- Bosworth-Toller Online Dictionary: The digital edition of Bosworth-Toller’s Anglo-Saxon dictionary. Invaluable.